Monday, July 9, 2007

Soup-a-not Fly


Meh friend de Brazilian girl telling meh for weeks now that Miss Carol in Colsort Mall have the best soup in Trinidad and Tobago. Now I did know that wasn't true because meh mother have dat trophy already. But I figure Miss Carol hand must be nice too, since she getting rate up from Brazil girl.

So today the place was lil cold as rain was falling whole day and the thermostat in the office really didn't care to make we feel any warmer. Brazos ask meh if I ent want a Miss Carol soup for lunch to warm up. Now I am a man that prefer to chew my lunch thank you very much. Drinking soup cannot full my belly. I need solid food. But Miss Brazil say the soup full of green fig and cow heel and dumpling and thing to full belly. So I say arright, bring one for your boy.

Who tell me do dat.

When ah open de bowl I coulda swear it was a bowl with gravy stew. De thing was brown, brown and oily. And I coulda swear I was by the beach, because all I was seeing was water in de bowl. Well, ah tell mehself maybe the fig and dumpling down to the bottom of de bowl because them things heavy. So I say I go drink out some ah de brown beach water and I go find some real food later down in the bowl.

Well from de first sip I realise Miss Carol soup was the hottest thing around. But only because like she empty de whole pepper sauce bottle inside it. I feel like I was drinkin molten lava yes. Meh eye start to water, but I eh know if it was because of de pepper or if it was because I realise I waste meh money.

After all dat I still say I will give Carol a chance to prove sheself. All this time I still lookin for meh dumplin and I ent find it. Ah find two bun up piece of sweet potato and a marasme piece of cow heel. Apparently the poor cow was wearing a steel tip boots, fuss the meat hard, hard. I find more sweet potato, and more sweet potato and I start to feel real real sour. I find a lil piece of pumpkin too somewhere. Just when I reach de bottom and start scraping Styrofoam, ah find de dumpling. One marasmous piece of flour half inch long and quarter inch wide. I spend $20 for this. Yuh know Miss Carol not getting my money again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh...$20 for brown water with pepper sauce...I only eat my mother's soup (not counting those "creamed of..." fanciness that aren't "soup" but appetisers.

Kay said...

All I could say is ...
Ha ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

i don't really like soup
sometimes, i like elbows in it
but some sister of mine...doesn't
hmph

Michelle said...

boy ah living in london and i was looking for a good recipe for a Trini soup nah online. and that is how ah bounce up yuh blog. geh yuh Mommy recipe fuh meh nah? ;-) michelle.engleang@googlemail.com