Thursday, August 2, 2007

The empty cave

Some time ago my wife decided that she would visit her moms for a few days in these August holidays. Sort of a mini-vacation. She left on Tuesday and I started to lick my chops. This was the first time I would get a long stretch of "man time" since we have been married. Needless to say, I was chomping at the bit planning what I would do with my time alone in my cave.
It hasn't turned out the way I planned it.
Tuesday evening I couldn't find anything to eat. I munched on some dry bread and Coke. That night I realised that the bed that seems too small is kinda big when you're alone in it.. and cold.
Wednesday morning I got up late for work. She wasn't there to wake me up in that annoying way she does that guarantees I get up. I didn't have breakfast. I had to buy lunch. Dinner was boring.

Last night I tried hugging the pillow.. that didn't work.
This morning I woke up even later. The bed grew last night I think.

She's coming back tomorrow and to tell the truth I'm kinda glad. An empty cave sucks big time.

1 comment:

ttfootball said...

awwwww
what happen like yuh never learn to cook? hahahaha