Monday, October 29, 2007

T&T still waiting to take pole position

Yesterday I was going to write and complain about the PNM campaign truck loaded with speaker boxes that drove down my street and became entangled in the electricity wires, pulling them down together with telephone and cable lines, causing the concrete pole to break and plunging my entire area into darkness for five hours. I said I would not have complained because the lack of computer and TV helped my wife and I to bond. There was no light, so we had a candlelight dinner of potato salad and apple juice. We talked, we laughed like idiots and made noise and it was good to get away from the routine of things and just take time to relax together. We got to know each other a little more and it was nice. After a while I didn't really mind that the computer shut off in the middle of my work and I lost everything I had done since my last save.
But oh gosh I have to complain. When I could pass down the street and see the broken electricity pole hanging over the road like an archway, waiting to fall on someone or their car, I must get vex. I know the TTEC people leave the pole because TSTT and the cable company have to come and handle their wires. Let me say, I have not much complaints about TTEC. Anytime there is a breakdown, a crew is dispatched very quickly, and service is restored in reasonable time, at least in my experience. When the incident happened yesterday, within five minutes TTEC was on the job. Where was TSTT? Where is the cable company? Still these people treat citizens with scant courtesy. Perhaps they are waiting for the pole to fall on someone's head before the do something about it, then apologise for the "unfortunate incident."
Despite all the talk of vision 2020, once again we have evidence that Trinidad and Tobago is still living in the 19th century.

No comments: