Thursday, May 3, 2007

A new vision

The exams are over, school is out and some of the stress is off of me. Feeedom! I decided to take my freedom a couple of notches higher and get myself some contact lenses. I never know that they could be so liberating. After wearing Coke bottle lenses for almost 30 years (don't try to guess my age), this new experience was liberating. It was also very strange. My brain was having difficulty relating to the fact that I didn't have to adjust my lenses on my face to see something up close. In fact the brain was finding it hard to accept that I didn't have to go up close to see stuff at all. I went to the barber and I could see everything he was doing. I didn't have to fish for my glasses when he asked if the cut was OK. The glare was a bit much though, so I went out and got me some shades and I looked..cool! The nerd was gone! An amazing transformation.
I kinda like the nerd though, so I don't think he's going very far. He's still going to be around a lot.

1 comment:

Jumbie said...

Hmm, glad fuh you boy. Still wearing my store windows... cyah bear the idea of putting ting in meh eye.

Good for you tho... might wanta consider laser surgery. Available in UK for less than £400 per eye.