Sunday, March 11, 2007

Procrastination is good

They say procrastination is the thief of time. That might be true, but yesterday I proved that procrastination is a very good thing sometimes.

It all started a few months ago when two of the switches on my mother's electric stove went bad. Knowing a little bit about electricity, I decided that I would fix them. I bought the replacement switches and promptly put them in a corner and forgot about them. Ever so often I would remember and promise myself to fix it. I even took the stove apart once to fix it, then discovered that I didn't have any spade clips, and the electrical store was out of that size of clip. Back into the forgotten corner the switches went.

Yesterday, a circuit breaker went bad in the house, so I called in an electrician to do the repairs. I saw the opportunity there to get the stove fixed, so I asked him to do that too. I left for work happy that everything was working fine.

Later that evening my wife called me in a panic. Apparently there was a short circuit in one of the burners on the stove, which caused a big electrical explosion and a small fire. Fortunately it was only the stove element that was burning.

So why is procrastination good? If it was me that had fixed that stove they would have said I didn't know what I was doing and blamed me for the fire. This way, I keep my credibility. Procrastination is good.

P.S. I was going to type this blog yesterday but I thought it might be safer if I put it off for today instead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow...seams like you been busy...I need to catch up