Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Goodbye Big Guy

I'm feeling a bit sad now because I got some bad news yesterday. One of my good friends, a talented singer who I grew up playing music with died in Thailand yesterday. Apparently he was in the process of lighting a gas stove when it exploded and burnt him badly. This happened last week but I didn't know. I only got the call when he died. He succumbed to kidney failure yesterday.

Although he was halfway around the world and we hadn't communicated in years his death still affects me. I remember the good times we had. He had such a musical range. I remember he would be singing a bass part in one verse and then surprise everyone with a falsetto in the other. He had a thing for big, fast gas-guzzling cars. He was like 6 feet tall and full of muscle and could probably rip phone books in half. He had a scandalous laugh that would draw you in and you just had to join him. He was good with his hands and could make anything that you wanted. He would always assure me that I was a pretty good bass player and didn't actually suck at it. He had a zest for life and a desire for excellence. He was just a great guy.

All that was ended yesterday because of a damn stove. That doesn't seem fair to me. But God knows best. Can't question Him.

Rest in peace Chadwick.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im sorry to hear...Nothing is promised...thats why I tell everyone I love..I love them.