Saturday, March 3, 2007

Things that annoy me

Well the URP ghosts have finally finished the work on the part of the drain outside my house and I must say it looks good. I had a problem though with the fact that they left their rubbish outside my house for days after they were finished working. There was old wood with nails sticking out, a whole pile of empty cement bags, big stones of varying sizes and other junk piled on my lawn and on the street outside my house. I went outside to take a picture of the mess to blog about it here, but my neighbour talked me out of it. He seems to think I'm anal retentive. And I realise that I am! There are a whole lot of things that annoy the heck out of me. As a result, I've decided to compile a list of things that annoy me as a result. It's a long list and still not in any way complete. I even have them arranged in categories. I'm just giving a sample of 2 categories.


Telephone love

1: People who call me on the phone then ask who I am. Heck you called Me!! Who the hell are you?

2: People who call my number and when I say it's a wrong number they just hang up. They have no manners! I have been known to use my caller ID to call them back and tell them as such.

3: People who when I tell them it's a wrong number ask me if I'm sure. Nooooo I'm not sure who lives in my house. Let me check and make sure no one named Philbert lives here.

4: People who when I tell them it's a wrong number keep calling back. What are you deaf????

5: People who shout when they are on the phone. Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The phone has a microphone and amplifier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No need to shout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't need to hear all your business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grammar Grief

1: There is no need to write the decimal value of a number after you spell it in words, or vice versa. It's annoying when people write ten (10). I know what ten is .. I also know what 10 is. I also know that 10 is the same as ten. Please stop!

2: Learn how to use an apostrophe. It's theirs, not their's ....we are Trinis, not Trini's .. it's hers, not her's. Thank you.

3: PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME EMAIL OR INSTANT MESSAGES THAT ARE IN ALL CAPS.. THAT IS LIKE SHOUTING AT ME! Thank you.

4: And on that note.. please do not send me forward mail. If you really must, however, put some care into it. I don't want to be trying to pick the message out from all those little arrows that come after every line. And try to take out the email addresses of the 2000 people that got the mail before me. They are of no use to me unless I want to send spam. Finally, I don't want to have to be opening 20 attachments to finally see the message that you want me to see. I will not open them. Put some care into the messages you send me.


My word! I'm really turning into a grumpy old man. I think I need to work on that. But please don't email me about it.

No comments: