Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Blessings

Yesterday was a most interesting day.
I had to go the the licensing office to get an amendment to my vehicle registration certificate because I just noticed last Saturday, after 3 years, that the vehicle engine number that the licensing office had put on the certificate was wrong. The last number was supposed to be an 8 and they put a 3. This might seem like a small thing but I could have potentially been in big trouble if something like an accident had happened.

Now going to the licensing office is a task in itself. There is always a crowd of people there and I had already made up my mind that it was going to be a really long morning for me. I asked my partner from work to come and hang out with me while I waited, but he was having none of that. Waiting in that madness was not his favourite thing to do either.

So on my own I drove into the licensing office, went around back to the inspection bay area, passing all the throngs of people and there was... no one waiting. The line was empty. This has never happened. I was there alone and I was able to get them to check out the engine immediately. The guy who verified the number gave me a document and said I had to go to the main building and see the chief clerk who would do the necessary changes to the certificate. So anticipating a long wait, I went into the main office and I saw one million people inside waiting their turn. I took a number, which I had to do to see the chief clerk and sat down. The indicator said they were on number 52 and I had number 64 which usually translates into 3 hours of waiting. So I sighed and sat down for the inevitable ordeal.

Suddenly the numbers started changing rapid fire... no one was there who had pulled them. They had left! I was next! I was the only one there to see the chief clerk! I didn't have to wait. The clerk went inside, did the changes and came back out with the new document. I was happy until he said that I had to go to the cashier and pay $20 for it. So they made an error, but I had to pay them to fix it. I was already in a good mood, though, after those two lucky breaks so I didn't get too riled up. I went over to the cashier, who of course had a line a half a million people long and after being there for 5 minutes, I realised that I didn't have any cash. I had given the Lady Love most of my money that morning. Well I had $17... $3 short. Worse again, in this modern day and age, the licensing office did not have a debit machine.

I went back to the chief clerk's office and there was another guy there. I explained to him that I didn't have the cash and that I would have to come back. The nearest ATM machine was in town, so I would have had to drive over there and come back.. a big time waster in all that traffic. The guy looked at me, sighed and said "Hear this. Ent you from South? Take it and Merry Christmas." I got my thing free! I mean how often does that happen?

Yesterday was full of blessing and I just came on here to give thanks to the Father for it. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those little things make all the diffrence. I love that your blogging....